Walls are built as barriers. If you see a crack, it can be a sign of shifting earth or poor design. There are plenty of YouTube channels and DIY shows that can guide you on how to make repairs, but not all cracks are alike. Also, if you do not have the knowledge, experience, and right tools, you may end up facing more massive repair bills down the road, including possible expensive renovations.
Avoid making mistakes and threatening the integrity of your pool structure and backyard landscape. At JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd., our experienced crew can undertake essential repairs to keep you and your family enjoying the outdoors for many years to come.
Suggestions to Consider When Choosing a Qualified Retaining Wall Contractor
If you are ready to hire an expert to fix those cracks or that leaning wall, keep these suggestions in mind:
- Look for Longevity and Experience: Everyone has to start somewhere, but if a company has not been in business very long, go into an agreement with your eyes wide open. Ideally, look for a company with years of experience and a crew that is trained, licensed and insured.
- Ask About Licenses: It is not worth saving money to hire your brother-in-law’s cousin’s best friend from sixth grade if he does not have a license to operate! You will inevitably pay for what you get.
- Get a Written Estimate: Knowing the scope of your project including price and timeline gives you an idea of what to expect.
- Find Out About Permits: Depending on where you live, a permit may be required. Be sure to find out if the contractor will handle the obtaining of any permits or if you are expected to do that on your own.
- Request Testimonials from Previous Customers: Talk to previous customers to find out how well their projects were completed. Look up contractor reviews on the web.
- Request Pictures of Their Work: A picture says a thousand words. Ask to see a portfolio of what they have done on previous repairs and jobs.
There is no need to DIY your project, especially if you are not comfortable with what needs to be done. A little research can go a long way to finding the right contractor to fix your leaning masonry or block retaining wall.
Choose a Contractor You Can Trust
Avoid depending on a fly-by-night contractor when you take the time to find the company to complete your repair work. Whether you need some minor fixes or a whole new wall, the professionals on our team have served Houston area homeowners and home builders for over 20 years. Our crews have the knowledge and experience to help you ensure many years of backyard enjoyment.
Contact us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. or request a quote online.