Take care of the land around your pool and protect your investment. Talk to JR Pool Plastering and Texas Gunite today about Erosion Control.
When you have a pool, you want to have some kind of erosion control in place to protect your investment. Buying a swimming pool is a massive investment when it comes to your home. Having a swimming pool can transform your outdoor living space making it inviting for guests on a hot summer day. However, when your swimming pool is a mess, or the soil is wearing away from the deck, then it can become unsightly.
Having a pool with a lot of wear and tear or one that is in disrepair can lower the value of your home. Instead, raise the value of your home with a beautiful pool and backyard landscape. Erosion is a common problem with swimming pools, so keeping an eye out for it is essential. Without it, there could be lifting of your pool deck, dirt wearing away from under your pool, or leaks. These things can really damage your swimming pool, making them unsafe to swim in. So, talk with JR Pool Plastering and Texas Gunite. They can help you to find ways to prevent erosion around your pool and pool deck. That way, you can enjoy your pool without needing substantial repairs.
Erosion control can also help with drainage problems. Some of these problems can cause your pool to become unsanitary, also making it unsafe to swim in. When you have a pool, it is essential to keep rainwater from running straight into your pool. If your pool doesn’t have proper drainage, then it can cause you to constantly fight to keep your pool in the best shape. Here are some things you need to know about erosion control for your pool.
Having the proper set up when it comes to erosion is an essential part of keeping your pool clean and free of debris.
Drainage Problem Areas
There are a few places that can have a problem when it comes to drainage and erosion. These places are usually around the deck and poor drainage around the space where your pool is placed. Some problems can show up as:
- Overflowing deck planters where growing plants are pushing up the soil. This soil and mulch will wash into your pool if the dirt level is higher than the pool itself.
- Shifting deck is a problem that will happen slowly over the years. Sometimes it begins when you see a puddle on the surface of your deck. This can also happen when the pool is built on a hill, when there is erosion under the pool or deck, or when there is a compaction of the soil.
- Poor drainage can cause a problem for your pool because it doesn’t adequately wick away, damaging water. A good example of this would be a French drain that brings water to a low spot. However, when there is heavy rain, then this drain doesn’t work well and can cause pooling.
Other problems you could have when you have soil erosion are:
- Basin cracks because of the pressure in your pool shifts without the help of soil on the other side.
- Your deep end and the shallow end could end up switching places when things aren’t balanced.
- The deck could also settle, and this will cause it to crack and become unlevel. This can result in a tripping hazard for family and guests.
Solutions for Erosion Control
Settling, poor drainage, and soil erosion are things that can happen to any structure. However, there are ways to prevent it, check out these solutions:
- Landscaping can be a great way to prevent soil erosion and is one of the easiest options. Plants and their root systems help keep the soil around your pool stable. This solution is great for slopes and shorelines and is a way for you to keep valuable topsoil in its place. Then by adding mulch, it will absorb water and keep your plants hydrated while preventing the runoff of soil.
- Retaining walls are another way you can prevent erosion because it will keep the dirt where it needs to be. These walls will also funnel water away from the pool so you won’t get contaminants in it. These walls can also be used to provide your guests with some extra seating.
- Allow grass to run close to your pool deck. The roots from the grass will hold the soil in place and keep you from having to worry about soil creeping away from your deck. It will also prevent rain from filling the gap and creating a trench between your land and the pool deck.
Also, another way to prevent these problems is to detect and prevent leaks. These can cause problems with soil erosion and, over time, will hurt the structure of your pool shell. So, it is important to talk with a professional such as JR Pool Plastering, and Texas Gunite about leaks and cracks that you suspect are the problem.
With the right solutions put in place, your pool can last for years to come.
Contact JR Pool Plastering and Texas Gunite
These guys are all about helping you get the pool you want for your backyard. Having a swimming pool is a big investment, so it is essential that you get exactly what you want. JR Pool Plastering and Texas Gunite are here to help you bring all your ideas to life. They can help you add water features, change the shape of your pool, even resurface it, and repair it if it has any leaks or cracks. These guys are the place to go to if you need any help keeping your pool looking sharp. They even do pool decks, whether that is resurfacing or renovating.
JR Pool Plastering and Texas Gunite are here to help you with anything you need when it comes to your existing pool. They also don’t want you to have to worry about erosion ruining your pool. Learn more about how to prevent this by checking out Erosion Control. You can also call them at (713) 729-5014 and learn more about how they can help you protect the investment in your pool. Also, if you want to see the work they have done in the past to get some inspiration for your swimming pool, then see their work. Find out more about how you can protect your pool by talking to JR Pool Plastering and Texas Gunite about erosion control.