Many of us dream of owning a pool. We might imagine lazy summer days lounging around crystal blue waters, sipping an icy beverage, and taking a dip to cool down from the sun’s burning rays. Images of family get-togethers, neighborhood parties, and intimate gatherings often tickle our daydreams. For those who decide to install a pool, the first years are great! They may even be called the honeymoon years. Eventually, the newness wears off, and the effects of the weather take their toll. Decking starts fading, tiles crack, or the homeowner becomes bored with the overall appearance of their once beloved retreat.
Don’t despair and think that you have to live with this dilapidated pool forever. Sometimes a facelift is all that is needed to renew the spark. The experienced and dedicated team at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite Ltd. understands your frustration and can revive an old, worn out pool into a beautiful haven once again with a little renovation.
5 Ways to Renovate Your Watery Oasis
Remodeling can be as simple or complex as you choose. Depending on the needs of your family, here are five ways you can take your pool from drab to fab!
- Resurface: Make a statement with re-plastering. You can choose to set off the water with a wide range of colors. The plaster can make the pool blend into the landscape to give a cohesive view, or it can provide that extra “pop!” that draws people to it. The choice is yours.
- Update the tiling: As an unsung hero in your oasis, the waterline tile provides an easy way to keep things clean. It is also one of the most visible features, so consider replacing the tiling with new colors that enhance your existing landscape.
- Add a water feature: Some may argue that a swimming pool is a water feature itself; yet, the sound of a waterfall is refreshing and relaxing to many. The options are practically endless and can include natural stone to give a whole new dimension to your escape.
- Replace the decking: Does your decking look like it came out of the 80s? Kiss the past goodbye with updated and natural materials such as flagstone. There is a myriad of different textures and colors of materials to bring your backyard into the 21st
- Install new coping: Another hero that is often overlooked is the coping that runs around the edge. This functional asset protects by preventing water from landing on the backside of the shell. It also provides a visual tie-in between the decking and the water.
Choose an Experienced Houston Contractor for Your Pool Renovation
Fall in love with your swimming pool and backyard again with a pool renovation. Since 1980, JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite has served Houston area contractors and homeowners with installation, remodeling, and restoration of their aquatic oases. Let our years of experience rejuvenate your backyard haven.
Call us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team about renovating your pool or request a quote online.