Whether you got a new pool or are just planning on maintaining your existing one, you need to make sure that it’s in top shape all summer long.
As the weather gets warmer, it’s time to start thinking about preparing your swimming pool for summer. One of the most essential aspects of pool care is replastering. This process can seem daunting, but with our essential tips, you’ll be ready to take on replastering like a pro!
Get Your Swimming Pool Ready for Summer: Essential Pool Replaster Tips
It’s that time of year again! The Houston, TX weather is getting warmer and the days are getting longer, which can only mean one thing: it’s time to get your swimming pool ready for summer. Whether you’ve got a large backyard pool or a smaller leisure pool, there are several steps you can take to guarantee that your pool stays in the best shape possible all summer long.
If your swimming pool is in desperate need of a little TLC, JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite LTD. are the experts to call! Replastering is a great way to give your pool a fresh, new look. Here are a few essential tips to keep in mind when replastering your pool:
- Choose the right time of year. Replastering should be done in the spring or fall to avoid disturbing the pool’s chemistry. Depending on your climate, a heatwave during summer can actually make the job more difficult.
- Remove the old plaster with a chipping hammer or power washer. Sand the surface with fine sandpaper until it is smooth. Be sure to clean the walls, floor, and ceiling thoroughly with a solution of mild soap and water.
- Apply a strong bonding agent to the pool’s surface before applying new plaster. Mark the areas you want to replace. Make sure you include any openings on the surface, such as windows and doors.
- Smooth the pool’s plaster with a towel to create a smooth finish. Doing this allows for quick and easy cleaning.
- Cover the pool with a tarp to protect it from debris. Keep the pump running at all times.
If you need specific detailed instructions on how to restore damaged plaster so you can safely swim, this essential guide is for you. We’ll show you exactly what you need to do to get the job done right, and how to avoid common mistakes that can lead to serious injury.
Plus, you can give us a call for any questions you may have about the process. Our profound customer service staff would be happy and more than willing to further assist you!
Contact the Pool Professionals at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite Ltd. Today!
Looking to get your pool in shape for the summer? Then you need to contact the pool professionals at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite Ltd. today!
They will be able to help you with all of your pool plastering and gunite needs so that you can have the perfect pool for the summer season. Contact us today to get started!