The holidays are here and full of fun times with family. As you sing the last chorus of Auld Lang Syne, it is time to think about all of the goals you want to achieve in the New Year. If one of your goals is to add a new in-ground pool, the beginning of the year is a great time, and you will be well on your way to checking this resolution off your list.
A pool is an important investment in your real estate and your family. Just imagine the fun you will have this summer when you get started now on your backyard dream. Family gatherings and neighborhood cookouts will be more enjoyable than ever. JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. can help you make your resolution a reality.
Steps to Building a Gunite Pool
Not sure how the process actually works? Keep reading to see how we take you from dull backyard to fabulous oasis in a short amount of time.
- Excavation of the Site: Once you have your plans ready, we come in with all the equipment required to remove the soil and carve out the hole that will hold the structure. The hole is over-dug to allow for the construction of the shell.
- Creating the Form: As soon as the digging is done, wooden forms are built to create a perimeter, including any sections constructed out of the ground.
- Laying of the Sub-Base: Crushed stone is laid and suitable piping installed. Everything is leveled and ready for plumbing.
- Installing the Plumbing: Next the pool’s plumbing system is installed. This includes high-grade pipes, fittings, and equipment that make up the circulation system, such as skimmers, main drains, returns, and other specialty items.
- Bending and Installing Steel Rebar: Part of the extraordinary strength of gunite lies in the steel-reinforced grid we lay. Our crew has skilled craftsmen who have installed several structures like this and will get the job done efficiently.
- Laying the Concrete Floor: The floor made of concrete is then pumped in and hand-troweled or floated to the correct elevation.
- Shooting the Gunite: The next step is where our team really excels. We use a mixture of sand and cement that is shot through a pneumatic hose onto the steel rebar grid. Our crew will customize the shape and size of your specialty pool.
Now that the gunite is in and shaped, the finishing steps can take place, including tile and coping, installing filtration equipment, and plastering.
Hire a Trusted Gunite Contractor in Houston
Accomplish your New Year’s resolution now. Hire a trusted Houston contractor to come in and build your dream backyard recreation space. For more than 30 years, the professionals at JR Pool Plastering have served Houston area homeowners and home builders. Trust our experienced crew to make your swimming pool dreams a reality.
Call us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. or request a quote online.